Restaurant Insurance: Cost Savings Strategies
March 19, 2021
Most restaurants have experienced a staggering financial impact from COVID-19. Since restaurants operate on low margins, they will need to find ways to reduce operating costs.
If you are in search of commercial insurance for your restaurant you may find it difficult to find the coverage you need at a competitive premium. We market your insurance regularly and offer competitive premiums for quality coverage.
The best strategy in lowering your premium is to find carriers that specialize in the restaurant industry or those who offer a restaurant insurance “program”. These insurers usually offer broad coverage tailored to the restaurant industry at competitive pricing. As an insurance broker, we find the best possible combination of price, coverage, and service. Remember, not all insurance companies are created equal. The more experienced and specialized the broker, the better the chance you have of finding premium and coverage tailored specifically for your operations.
Other ways to reduce your restaurant premiums:
- Combine your insurance under a “package”.
- Don’t nickel-and-dime your insurance company. Your rates may increase if you a file claim for every little thing. Insurance is meant to cover unexpected large losses.
- Consider your deductibles. Increasing your deductible will save money.
- One of the best forms of insurance is routine maintenance. A well-maintained property is less likely to have certain types of losses.
- Offer safety training to employees.
- Start a safety committee to help reduce workers compensation losses.
- Seek advice from a qualified independent broker.
- Investigate premium-reduction strategies such as inspections and security systems.
- Review your coverage annually for duplications or unnecessary coverages.
We have served the hospitality industry for over 40 years. Call us today.
Choose Independent. Choose The Armstrong Company.
We’ve been helping the nation compare and save on insurance since 1972.
As an independent insurance agency, we work for you, not the insurance carriers. That means we can help you find the best value on auto insurance, home insurance, business insurance, and more from several of the nation’s most trusted carriers.
Get the insurance you need at a price you can afford.
California Insurance License Number 0440075