Large Group Health Insurance – Top Ten Questions
When looking for group health plans, there is a lot to consider. You also want to know the right questions to ask during your research.
Start with the below questions:
- What product designs are available?
- What is the difference between an HMO and other plan designs?
- What is the difference between a HMO product and a PPO, Preferred Provider Organization?
- Do my employees need a referral to see a specialist doctor if the group has a HMO product? What if the group has a PPO product?
- How can my employees tell if their doctor is a participating physician within the health plan’s network?
- Are there any deductibles, coinsurance amounts or lifetime maximums which apply to the plan’s coverage?
- What are the premium rates for the various HMO and PPO products options in my geographic area?
- When will the premium/rates be subject to change and how much advance notice will the group be given?
- Can the group be experienced rated?
- Can the group share the cost of the insurance with its employees? Is there a limit as to how much of the premium can be passed on to the employees?
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from the most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.