Employment Practices Liability Insurance covers employment-related liabilities other than on-the-job injuries. This can include legal fees and damages for suits such as wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other alleged violations of employees’ legal rights. If you have employees, The Armstrong Company Insurance Consultants recommends considering EPLI coverage.
Look at some of the current EEOC Lawsuits & Settlements
- Federal Express Ground Package System, Inc.-litigation
- Discrimination against current and former deaf and hard-of-hearing Package Handlers and applicants for the Package Handler position.
- Sedona Staffing of San Diego – settlement Denial of job referral due to race, color, sex, national origin, age 40 or older, or disability.
- Performance Food Group – litigation Failure to hire women at their Broadline distribution facilities.
- USPS – settlement, federal sector employees only Disability discrimination against employees in permanent rehabilitation positions.
- Mavis Discount Tire – litigation Failure to hire women for a number of job categories.
- Texas Roadhouse – litigation Failure to hire people age 40 and older for front of house positions.
- Bass Pro – litigation Failure to hire African-Americans and Hispanics/Latinos.
EPLI is a necessity of all business owners. Contact The Armstrong Company Insurance Consultants today and let one our licensed representatives assist you with EPLI Insurance or other insurance need you have. Contact us today! We are always here to be of service to you!