Every business must have COVID-19 safety procedures in place in 2021. Helping your employees return to work safely and confidently during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is no easy task.
At a minimum, employers must ensure social distancing for employees and customers, frequent and adequate employee handwashing, and that sick employees stay home. Employers must also provide basic workplace hazard education about the coronavirus and how to prevent its transmission in languages best understood by employees. Your workers’ compensation insurer can offer tools and advice in this area.
Here are tips for your business to consider
- Make sure your facility is fully cleaned, disinfected, and equipped with a blueprint for maintaining safe conditions.
- Set up a support system for employees as they return to work and adjust to new realities and emotional challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Create a plan for a safe work environment that protects both employees and customers from risks connected to COVID-19, including exposure and transmission.
- Prepare business continuity plans to address significant absenteeism, supply chain disruptions, or changes in the way you conduct business.
- Establish an emergency communications plan. Identify key contacts (with back-ups), the chain of communications (including suppliers and customers), and processes for tracking and communicating about business and employee status.
- Share your response plans with employees and clearly communicate expectations. It is important to let employees know plans and expectations in advance of a crisis.
Sources: Cleveland Clinic, CDC, & OSHA
Choose independent. Choose The Armstrong Company.
We’ve been helping the nation compare and save on insurance since 1972.
As an independent insurance agency, we work for you, not the insurance carriers. That means we can help you find the best value on auto insurance, home insurance, business insurance, and more from several of the nation’s most trusted carriers.
Get the insurance you need at a price you can afford.
California Insurance License Number 0440075