Boiler and Machinery Insurance is an insurance policy that provides coverage for physical damage to and financial loss from equipment breakdown. Boiler and machinery insurance, also called equipment breakdown insurance, covers: (1) the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged equipment, and (2) business losses incurred from the equipment not functioning. This type of insurance can cover a wide range of equipment, including HVAC systems, ovens, boilers and furnaces, refrigeration units, elevators, office equipment, and electrical panels.
Equipment and Technology Breakdown Coverage addresses:
- Microelectronics coverage – for the invisible risks that cause business equipment and machinery with electronic controls to stop functioning
- Cloud computing service interruption coverage – when your cloud service provider experiences an outage due to equipment breakdown
- Service interruption coverage expanded to include data restoration – to include lost data due to equipment breakdown
- Expanded off-premises coverage for business income, extra expense and data restoration associated with mobile equipment – this is a global coverage
- Public relations coverage – when an equipment breakdown poses a risk to a business’s good standing
Boiler and Machinery coverage is an important discussion to have with your broker when reviewing your insurance. The Armstrong Company Insurance Consultants has experienced licensed representatives ready to assist you with Boiler and Machinery coverage as well as all of your insurance needs. Contact us for more information or Request a Quote today! We are always here to be of service to you!